1.经济的快速发展 the rapid development of economy
2.人民生活水平的显著提高/ 稳步增长the remarkable improvement/ steady growth of people’s living standard
3.先进的科学技术 advanced science and technology
4.面临新的机遇和挑战 be faced with new opportunities and challenges
5.人们普遍认为 It is commonly believed/ recognized that…
6.社会发展的必然结果 the inevitable result of social development
7.引起了广泛的公众关注 arouse wide public concern/ draw public attention
8.不可否认 It is undeniable that…/ There is no denying that…
9.热烈的讨论/ 争论 a heated discussion/ debate
10. 有争议性的问题 a controversial issue
11.完全不同的观点 a totally different argument
12.一些人 …而另外一些人 … Some people… while others…
13. 就我而言/ 就个人而言 As far as I am concerned, / Personally,
14.就…达到绝对的一致 reach an absolute consensus on…
15.有充分的理由支持 be supported by sound reasons
16.双方的论点 argument on both sides
17.发挥着日益重要的作用 play an increasingly important role in…
18.对…必不可少 be indispensable to …
19.正如谚语所说 As the proverb goes:
20.…也不例外 …be no exception
1.Itc is important that special measures should be taken to prevent the increasing of the population .
2.It is ordered by the government that plastic bags be charged in supermarkets.
3.No matter how much advice you give him he always does what he likes .
4.He received master’s degree in computer science in Britain last year.
5.By the time we come back next week ,I hope her health will have improved greatly .
6.If the price is unacceptable ,our customer will turn to other factories .
7.What is shown in the table above indicates that dramatic changes have taken place in the people’s daily expenses from 1995 to1999.
8It is certain that health is more valuable than wealth and wisdom.
9.Only with good health a person can achieve and realize his goals.
10.Recently, surveys showed that physical quality of college student declines year by year.
11.Movement is the source of life .
12.We should never too old to learn.
13.It is time that we should take measures to solve the problem.
14.Reasons for this phenomenon may be complicated ,but we can, to some extent ,ascribe them to the following interrelated factories.
15. Some people especially the economist are in favor of the holiday economy .
16.However ,many others argue that the holiday economy do more harm than good .
17.I wander how Tom is getting along in his new job .
18.I suspect not everyone who loves the country would be happy living the way we do . It takes a couple of special qualities one is tolerance for solitude .
19.We have been able to make up the difference in income by cutting back without appreciably lowering our standard of living .
20 Mrs. Smith thinks money is the most important thing in the world ,But unfortunately money isn’t everything .
1. Some people think that …. To be frank, I can not agree with their opinion for the reasons below.
2. For years, … has been seen as …, but things are quite different now.
3. I believe the title statement is valid because….
4. I cannot entirely agree with the idea that …. I believe….
5. My argument for this view goes as follows.
6. Along with the development of…, more and more….
7. There is a long-running debate as to whether….
8. It is commonly/generally/widely/ believed /held/accepted/recognized that….
9. As far as I am concerned, I completely agree with the former/ the latter.
10. Before giving my opinion, I think it is essential to look at the argument of both sides.